This course is at least 10 hours long (24 hours with Basics of Pistol Shooting & Basic Instructor Training) and includes classroom and range time learning how to teach shooting revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. (Basics of Pistol Shooting is not included in this course)
Instructor Candidates learn how to teach NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; pistol parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest position, and two-handed standing positions; cleaning the pistol, and continued opportunities for skill development.
To qualify as an NRA Instructor:
- Candidates must possess and demonstrate a solid background in firearm safety and shooting skills acquired through previous firearm training and/or previous shooting experience. Instructor candidates must be intimately familiar with each action type in the discipline they wish to be certified.
- Candidates will be required to demonstrate solid and safe firearms handling skills required to be successful during an instructor training course by completing pre-course questionnaires and qualification exercises administered by the NRA Appointed Training Counselor.
- Candidates must satisfactorily complete an NRA Instructor Training Course in the discipline they wish to teach (e.g., NRA Basic Pistol Course), and receive the endorsement of the NRA Training Counselor conducting that training.
PLEASE NOTE: Certs are issued by the NRA training department, therefore there is also additional certification and processing fees payable to the NRA. $35.00 for NRA Members or $60.00 for Non NRA Members.
In order to take this course, you must pass the prequalification test which includes firearms safety, shooting evaluation etc. Basics of Pistol Shooting is included with this course
What you will need for this class:
- Open Mind
- Semiautomatic handgun or revolver any caliber will do
- Ammunition 200 rounds of ammunition
- Eye & Ear protection
- Note pad & pen
- $25.00 Range Fee Cash ONLY
Course cost does not include firearms rental, ammunition or extended range times.
(NRA Pistol Instructor Course)
Booking a class at Hirt's Defensive Solutions LLC is a commitment to train. If you cancel your training 60 days or more from your class date, you will forfeit 50% of your tuition . If you cancel sooner than 60 days from your class date, you forfeit 100% of your tuition. This policy is firm and there will be no exceptions. You will be allowed to transfer your class date once. If you signed up for a private lesson NO refunds will be giving if you cancel. You will be issued a refund of 100% if Hirt's Defensive Solutions Cancels the course for any reason.
Failure to meet the requirements to get certified as a Certified NRA Instructor does not entitle one to a refund.