This course is at least 10 hours long (24 hours with Basics of Pistol Shooting & Basic Instructor Training) and includes classroom and range time learning how to teach shooting revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. Instructor Candidates learn how to teach NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; pistol parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest position, and two-handed standing positions; cleaning the pistol, and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook, Instructor Manual, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, take a Basics of Pistol Instructor Shooting Examination, and course completion certificate.
To qualify as an NRA Instructor:
- Candidates must possess and demonstrate a solid background in firearm safety and shooting skills acquired through previous firearm training and/or previous shooting experience. Instructor candidates must be intimately familiar with each action type in the discipline they wish to be certified.
- Candidates will be required to demonstrate solid and safe firearms handling skills required to be successful during an instructor training course by completing pre-course questionnaires and qualification exercises administered by the NRA Appointed Training Counselor.
- Candidates must satisfactorily complete an NRA Instructor Training Course in the discipline they wish to teach (e.g., NRA Basic Pistol Course), and receive the endorsement of the NRA Training Counselor conducting that training.
PLEASE NOTE: Certs are issued by the NRA training department, therefore there is also additional certification and processing fees payable to the NRA. $30.00 for NRA Members or $50.00 for Non NRA Members.
In order to take this course, you must pass the prequalification test which includes firearms safety, shooting evaluation etc. Basics of Pistol Shooting is included with this course
What you will need for this class:
- Open Mind
- Semiautomatic handgun or revolver
- Ammunition 200 rounds of ammunition
- Eye & Ear protection
- Note pad & pen
- $20.00 Range Fee Cash
(NRA Pistol Instructor Workshop)
Cancellation/ Refund/ Exchange Policy: Cancellation/ Refund/ Exchange Policy: Booking a class at Hirt's Defensive Solutions LLC is a commitment to train. Deposits are NON-Refundable Your Deposit is Securing your seat and paying for your materials. We understand things happen in life to where you need to make changed. If you are unable to attend we will move your deposit to the next avaliable class. If Hirt's Defensive Solutions LLC cancels the class YOU WILL BE ISSUED A FULL REFUND
With this purchase, you are receiving
- Basic Instructor Training (BIT)
- Pistol Instructor Discipline.