Prerequisite: Possession of an Active Certified Pistol rating is a perquisite for certification as an NRA CCW instructor. Prior to the CCW instructor training, candidates must first complete and pass the student level NRA CCW Course as per NRA Training Policy.More Details:
Description: Course may be presented in three parts: Basic Instructor Training, discipline-specific instructor training, and the Live-Fire Range instructor training. Instructor Candidates demonstrate organizational and teaching skills via participation in practical exercises during the course and must pass a written instructor certification examination. Additionally, the Instructor Candidates must pass the CCW Instructor Level shooting qualification Course of Fire. The NRA CCW Instructor Course will focus on developing the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary for Instructor Candidates to teach carrying and using a concealed pistol ethically, responsibly, and with confidence. As a result of participating in this course, the Instructor Candidate will be able to explain and demonstrate the following: How to apply the NRA Rules for Safe Gun Handling when carrying a concealed firearm, basic principles of concealment, the difference between cover and concealment, drawing from the holster, levels of mental awareness, developing the proper mindset when using a pistol for personal defense, clearing common stoppages, and more. This course is only conducted by NRA Certified CCW Training Counselors.
· Quality Pistol appropriate for concealed carry – minimum of 9mm or .38 Special
· Quality Strong Side Hip Holster appropriate for concealed carry – recommend form fitted leather or kydex, must cover trigger/trigger guard
· Quality Belt, designed to carry a holster and a firearm strongly recommended
· 300 rounds of quality ammunition suitable for practice.
· Spare magazines or speed loaders with appropriate pouches – at least two additional (3 total)
· Clothing appropriate for concealed carry including a cover garment (Mandatory)
· Eye protection
· Hearing protection - recommend electronic*
. $20.00 Range Fee
NRA CCW Instructor Workshop
Cancellation/ Refund/ Exchange Policy: Cancellation/ Refund/ Exchange Policy: Booking a class at Hirt's Defensive Solutions LLC is a commitment to train. Deposits are NON-Refundable Your Deposit is Securing your seat and paying for your materials. We understand things happen in life to where you need to make changed. If you are unable to attend we will move your deposit to the next avaliable class. If Hirt's Defensive Solutions LLC cancels the class YOU WILL BE ISSUED A FULL REFUND
NO LIVE AMMUNITION IN THE CLASS ROOM
NRA Instructor Workshops The NRA Training & Education Department REQUIRES a MINIMUM of 4 Instructor Candidates. If the minimum of 4 is not met the course will be canceled.