This 1-day class includes classroom and range time learning about revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. In it, students will get the intensive lessons in safety, gun handling, the various types of pistols, the fundamentals of pistol marksmanship, various pistol firing positions, several practical exercises on the firing range, cleaning, storage, and a summary of pistol sports and activities.
- Open Mind.
- Pistol or Revolver If you need a gun a loaner will be available.
2 magazines /4-speed loaders (speed loaders optional)
Eye and ear protection. If need let me know
Hat or cap with bill
Weather-appropriate clothing (our classes are always rain or shine)
Comfortable and sturdy shoes or boots (no open toes)
- Belt and Holster
Minimum of 200 rounds of factory ammunition for your specific firearm
$20.00 Range Fee Cash
NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course
Course Goal: To teach the basic knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for owning and using a pistol safely.
Lesson I: Pistol Knowledge and Safe Gun Handling Learning Objectives:
1. State the course goal and any special requirements for the five lessons.
2. Identify the principal parts of a pistol and the types of pistol actions, and demonstrate how they function.
3. State, explain and apply the NRA Rules for Safe Gun Handling.
4. Demonstrate how to handle a pistol in a safe manner.
Lesson II: Ammunition Knowledge and the Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting Learning Objectives:
5. Identify the different components of a pistol cartridge.
6. Explain the firing sequence of a cartridge.
7. Explain how to properly identify and store ammunition.
8. State the major types of cartridge malfunctions and how to react to them.
9. Explain the fundamentals of pistol shooting.
Lesson III: Shooting Positions and Shooting Qualifications Learning Objectives:
10. Demonstrate the learning steps to assume the benchrest position, and shoot from the benchrest position.
11. Demonstrate the learning steps to assume the Isosceles position, and shoot from the Isosceles position
12. Shoot the course qualification
Lesson IV: Scoring Targets, and Selecting and Maintaining Your Pistol Learning Objectives:
13. Properly score a pistol target.
14. Explain the basic guidelines for selecting and purchasing a pistol.
15. Identify the materials needed to clean a pistol.
16. Demonstrate how to safely clean a pistol.
Lesson V: Continued Opportunities for Skill Development Learning Objectives:
17. Identify several ways to pursue pistol shooting activities after the course.
18. Successfully complete the NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course written examination.
NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting
Cancellation/ Refund/ Exchange Policy: Booking a class at Hirt's Defensive Solutions LLC is a commitment to train. Deposits are NON-Refundable Your Deposit is Securing your seat and paying for your materials. We understand things happen in life to where you need to make changed. If you are unable to attend we will move your deposit to the next avaliable class. If Hirt's Defensive Solutions LLC cancels the class YOU WILL BE ISSUED A FULL REFUND